- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of tomato
- 6 large eggs
- salt & pepper to taste to taste
- 6 teaspoons regular sour cream or salsa (Do not use “light”, or “reduced fat” items, as they are usually high in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry the bacon until it just starts to get crisp. Remove it from the heat.
- Coat the sections of a muffin tin with solid shortening or a spray-on oil (use a 6-section tin).
- Place a tomato slice in the bottom of each section. (Cut slices in half if too big, and overlap each half.) Circle
the sides with 1 strip of bacon. Break an egg into each section and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven
for 20 minutes.
- Loosen each egg by running a knife around the inside of each section of the tin. Use a fork to lift eggs from the
tin and place on plates. Top with sour cream or salsa.
Hint: Place the muffin tin on a cookie sheet, in case any of the egg white drips over the edge of the tin.