- 1 3-pound canned ham
- 3 10 oz packages frozen asparagus spears (or 3 14.5 oz cans of cut asparagus spears)
- ¼ pound of butter
- 1/2 cup of soy flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1.5 cups (i.e., 6 oz) grated Munster cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
Remove ham from can. Cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
Cook asparagus until tender (unless using canned asparagus)
Alternate layers of ham and asparagus in a 2 quart shallow baking pan.
Make a sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 3/8 cup of butter on low heat. Leave sauce pan on stove.
- Add 3/8 cup of soy flour and stir.
- Gradually stir in heavy cream.
- Stir until sauce thickens.
- Add in Munster cheese, stirring until sauce is smooth.
- Spoon sauce over casserole
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven (or until top is browned).