|1 egg||1.22 grams|
|3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese||2.8 grams|
|1 Cup soy flour||33.67 grams|
|1 pkg (teaspoon) splenda® artificial sweeter||1 gram|
|1/2 cup water||0 grams|
|Vegetable oil||0 grams|
|7 ounces pizza sauce (we like Ragu®).||12 grams|
|1/2 pound of shredded mozzarella cheese||7 grams|
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CRUST
- In mixing bowl, beat 1 egg. Add dry ingredients. Add just enough water to form a stiff dough ball (about 1/2 cup).
- Rub a 12 inch pizza pan or a cookie sheet with solid shortening (butter or Crisco), and lightly flour it. Place dough
- ball directly onto the pan or cookie sheet. Cover entire pan or sheet with plastic wrap and roll dough out until it is
- flat. Remove plastic wrap.
- NOTE: Soy flour is not as elastic as wheat flour, and rises very little. It does not have to be rolled into an
- “ultra-thin” sheet. Therefore we do not recommend rolling the dough on a separate surface and then trying to transfer
- it to a pizza pan. The rolling pin’s handles will ride on the edges of the pan, automatically creating a sheet of
- dough that is the proper thickness.
- Lightly coat dough with olive or other vegetable oil (to keep it from getting soggy).
- Harden crust by baking at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Continue to make pizza, or refrigerate/freeze for future use.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING BASIC TOPPING:
- Cover dough with pizza sauce. Use about 6 tablespoons (which is ½ of a 14 oz jar) Add 1/2 pound of mozzarella cheese.(Use more or less, according to taste).
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Cut into 8 slices. Serve with a tossed salad and a bottle of Michelob® Ultra beer (only 3 grams of carbs per 12 ounce bottle, and it really tastes like beer. Hats off to Michelob!)
CARBOHYDRATES- WHOLE PIE: 58 Grams
CARBOHYDRATES-PER SLICE: 7 Grams
COMPARISON: A CONVENTIONAL PIZZA contains about 20 grams of carbs per slice.
MAKE IT A MEAL BY ADDING THESE LOW CARB TOPPING ITEMS:
(If you want to, you can determine the exact carb counts of the item(s) you plan to use by clicking on our link to the
USDA data base.)
- 10 oz (1 package) “supermarket” mushrooms
- black olives
- 1 large onion
- ½ (or more) bell pepper
- 3 strips bacon
WARNING: Don’t try to lift this monster! Use a fork and knife. Don’t eat it while wearing your tux or evening gown.
Don’t eat it in front of your boss. Etc., Etc.